CYUSB3014-BZXC boot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BuYa_3858256
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there an application note on FX3 (CYUSB3014-BZXC) boot process which includes the external fash and the boot through USB?

I need to put multiple images in the external flash and boot from golden or updated image.

In addition to flash, I would like to boot through USB (ideally from iPhone connection, linux or windows USB is also fine)

Thanks and best regards,

California

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please let us know if you have gone through the Application Note AN76405 which describes FX3 Boot Options. The link to the same is given below:

https://www.cypress.com/file/201991/download

FX3 can boot from various sources. FX3 supports your requirement to boot from flash and boot from USB. If the boot from Flash fails, then it falls back to USB boot. For more information, please refer to the application note mentioned before.

According to my understanding, your second question is: You need to place multiple images in flash and boot the latest image. If this is the requirement, you can use second stage bootloader. Please refer to the following thread to understand how this is to be implemented.

FX3 Boot / Firmware Update Best Practices

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies