CYUSB.net EPIN bulk XferData Stuck with C++ streamer : prominently CYUSB driver issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

C++ streamer (EPIN bulk) failed with Altera FPGA writer using a FIFO writing at low clock speed <1MHz and 'slavefifosync' as CYUSB firmware

XferData fails after few 1024KB EPIN Xfer due to HOST non-retry after NRDY condition found on USB traces.

NB : XferData runs OK at high clock speed (100MHz)

See doc attached for detailed description with USB traces taken with LECROY Advisor T3

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please increase the timeout of XferData. Also, retry the transfer again if it times out.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Madhu Sudhan

I encounter the same problem.
I generate 44MBps(Byte) in FPGA, first I store the data into 2K depth FIFO(32 bits width) at 11M clock, then I read the fifo by clock 90M to GPIF(32bits), finally I tried to use pBulkEpIn->XferData(pBulkBuf, nBulkLen) to catch usb data On  where nBulkLen is 4*1024 . The result is that I can only get almost 30MBps. Maybe there are some problem for the Cypress driver on PC.  I use  XferData not BeginDataXfer & WaitForXfer & FinishDataXfer, increase the timeout of XferData does not make any sense. How I solve the problem.  Thanks

0 Likes