CX3 streaming not restarting after CX3_DMA_RESET_EVENT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RiBi_4316346
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am streaming video from CMOS sensor to Windows 10 PC using CX3.

The firmware was obtained using the standard configuration tool, and I am able to stream correctly to standard host application (AMCap).

I want to be able to stop and restart the streaming from the host PC, so I use UVC extension unit to set a CX3_DMA_RESET_EVENT.

The event is set correctly and the streaming stops, but it does not restart.

To make it restart I have to put the sensor to sleep (so there is no MIPI data arriving to CX3): when I reactivate the sensor the UVC streaming resumes.

What can be the issue?

Thank you,

Riccardo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Riccardo,

It is not possible to restart UVC transmission with the image sensor always streaming.

In CyCx3UvcAppStop(), we call the CyU3PMipicsiSleep() which makes the CX3's MIPI RX to go to sleep before keeping the image sensor to sleep and in CyCx3UvcAppStart(), we call the CyU3PMipicsiWakeup() API which wakes up the CX3's MIPI RX before waking up the image sensor.

It is recommended to follow this to make sure the MIPI RX in CX3 and MIPI TX of image sensor are synchronized properly even during start/ stop (restart) of the streaming.

Please uncomment the CyCx3_ImageSensor_Wakeup() and CyCx3_ImageSensor_Sleep() functions since it is recommended to use these.

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies