Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BJ
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello.

I'm working with CX3 conencted to the sensor which streams RAW8 data at 2592x920@30fps. My goal is to make this work with Android phones which support superspeed USB. (Galaxy S series, for example)

After lots of trials and errors, I manage to make it work with a few Android phone such as Galaxy20.

The problem I have been struggling to solve is that it doesn't work well with all superspeed supporting Android phone. As I tested on Galaxy S9 and S10 (both phones also supports Superspeed), the streaming stops with CB_Failure after a few frames. USB versions on each phone may not be identical, but I confirmed that all phones above meets 5Gbps at least.

I have read all articles talking about CB_failure and tried the recommended modification, but didn't work for my case.

Does it possibly happen that UVC camera operates diffrently depending on devices? Could anyone give me advice or suggestion to try?  I have been stuck in this problem without progress for long time.

Thnaks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the UART print it seems that the data is not received from the sensor as both prod and cons prints are 0. When the DMA buffer is filled with the data from the sensor, the producer event is triggered and consumer events (cons) will be triggered once the USB host consumes the data from the DMA buffer.

Can you please confirm if you are using the default firmware generated by the CX3 configuration tool as mentioned in this KBA  Steps to Setup up MIPI CSI Camera Solution with CX... - Cypress Developer Community  

To check if streaming from sensor is resumed after the CB failure, please try probing the test points mentioned in Q10 of this KBA  CX3 Hardware: Frequently Asked Questions - KBA9129... - Cypress Developer Community   and share the traces.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies