CX3 low bitrate issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Philip
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello,

Currently, I am not able to receive data at the bitrate supported by the sensor. After testing with several register sets, I found a suspicious part. When testing, the other source codes were the same, and only the register set was changed. Also, Streamer was not modified. I am referring to firmware from this thread  Solved: FX3 / CX3 Firmware for Streaming RAW Image Data us... - Cypress Developer Community.

Philip_2-1624266703480.png

Philip_3-1624266716355.png

Philip_4-1624266726297.png

Philip_5-1624266735893.png

As above images, bitrate was measured in half in all tests. What part should I look into to get the calculated bitrate data?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Philip,

In the above picture, I see 37 prod events and 37 cons events. So, there are equal number of producer and consumer events. This is as expected.

But in the second line, I see prod as 13422 and cons as 353. For this, can you please attach your project so that I can see how this is getting printed.

Number of producer events for a frame will depend on the DMA buffer size and the frame size. Can you please let me know what they are. And if there are no commit buffer failures number of consumer events should become equal to producer events.

Also please let me know the FX3 SDK version you are using.

Regards,

Hemanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth

Hi,

Please try increasing the 'Packets per Xfer' value in streamer.

When you mentioned that you tried different register sets, does it mean different resolutions as indicated in the table above?

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes
Philip
Level 3
Level 3
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hello Hemanth,
Thanks for your response.

Please try increasing the 'Packets per Xfer' value in streamer.
>> I also tested by changing 'Packets per Xfer' and 'Xfers to Queue', but the pictures above are the highest bitrate each. When the value is less than a certain value, the bitrate is reduced, but in the case of a value greater than the threshold, the bitrate is the same as above.

When you mentioned that you tried different register sets, does it mean different resolutions as indicated in the table above?
>> Yes, it does. In order to test whether the bitrate is low due to insufficient bandwidth, I tried using several register sets. But it doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue.

Regards,
Philip

0 Likes
Hemanth

Hi Philip,

In the above picture, I see 37 prod events and 37 cons events. So, there are equal number of producer and consumer events. This is as expected.

But in the second line, I see prod as 13422 and cons as 353. For this, can you please attach your project so that I can see how this is getting printed.

Number of producer events for a frame will depend on the DMA buffer size and the frame size. Can you please let me know what they are. And if there are no commit buffer failures number of consumer events should become equal to producer events.

Also please let me know the FX3 SDK version you are using.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes