CX3, dropped FPS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkCh_1378701
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hi sir,

i am using cx3 chip connecting a sensor, which as "varied" V-Blanks time... the sensor can be running 120fps

i am able to get a whole frame without issue.. however, it seems the issue of "dropped frame" is happening... the actual fps on PC is only half by checking the frame_count in "embedded line data"....

suspecting the "varied" v-blanks is the root cause?

how can i further narrow down the issue?

many thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Akeem,

1. Could you please upload screenshot of Image sensor configuration and CX3 receiver configuration tab in .cycx file?

You need to ensure that all the values are correct, without any error(red cross).

BTW, which sensor are you using? Why does the V_blanking value vary? Considering this case, please verify the parameters with minimum V_blanking value.

2. Please check if you get any error message when commit DMA buffer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Akeem,

What's the resoultion you required?

0 Likes

thanks for the support,

it is 480x182 @120fps..   natively, the v-blank by this sensor is not a fixed period all the time..

0 Likes

Hi Akeem,

1. Could you please upload screenshot of Image sensor configuration and CX3 receiver configuration tab in .cycx file?

You need to ensure that all the values are correct, without any error(red cross).

BTW, which sensor are you using? Why does the V_blanking value vary? Considering this case, please verify the parameters with minimum V_blanking value.

2. Please check if you get any error message when commit DMA buffer.

0 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations.

i managed to adjust the parameter in cx3 receiver configuration, and it works fine right now..

0 Likes

Hi Akeem,

Congratulations to you.

0 Likes