CX3 I2C error when writing to IMX477,  CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes returns CY_U3P_ERROR_FAILURE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mappingnuts
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I'm working on streaming images from IMX477 using CX3 through the MIPI interface. 

I'm bumping into a I2C issue. I have a Denebola kit and I have developed a board to interface the Denebola MIPI connector to the 22 pin connector of a Arducam (pretty much a Raspberry Pi HQ camera). 

Most of time I try to write a register, CyU3PI2cTransmitBytes returns CY_U3P_ERROR_FAILURE, which is a very generic error.

I looked into the signal using a Logic Analyzer, and I got this:

20210601_184902.jpg

The sensor almost never sends the proper low level ack after 8 bits,  instead it returns a nack.

I changed  the SDA and SCL pull-up resistors from 10k to 1k (that's the value I had in hands, I just wanted it to be smaller), which gave me the result of the image above. 

Sometimes I actually get a ack from the sensor and everything works fine, but most of time (at random) I get this problem.

Has anyone seen it or could give some advice on how to solve that?

I appreciate all feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Renato.

0 Likes
1 Solution
mappingnuts
Level 2
Level 2
5 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins

Hello,

Thank you for the really fast reply @Rashi_Vatsa 

I figured my problem, I'm sharing so it may help others. 

The Arducam module has a power enable pin which is connected to the XShutDown pin of CX3 in my adapter board, and this pin must be 1 for the Arducam to work properly. I was setting XShutDown to 1 before initializing MIPI interface by calling CyU3PMipicsiInit. I found that CyU3PMipicsiInit sets the XShutDown to 0, and I should define it as 1 after calling CyU3PMipicsiInit. Therefore, my problem was that the image sensor was off, that's why it was not sending ack back.

Best,

Renato

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies