CX3 Debug Messages not printing on Mac

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
cam
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received

I have a CX3 that interfaces with an OV5640. CDC is enabled to print debug messages via UART. 
This application prints messages fine using Tera Term on Windows but when using on Mac (using CoolTerm) I receive no messages. The device shows as a serial device and I connect using the same parameters as Windows, however nothing is printed.

Is there anything different that needs to be configured to print debug messages to Mac OS?

1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please try calling CyU3PDebugInit on receiving CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SETCONF event and call CyU3PDebugPrints when glIsConfigured is CyTrue. Please let me know the results after the changes.

case CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_CONNECT:
glIsStreamingStarted = CyFalse;
if (evtype == CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SETCONF)

{

status = CyU3PDebugInit (CY_FX_EP_DEBUG_SOCKET, 8);
if (status != CY_U3P_SUCCESS)
{
CyU3PDeviceReset(CyFalse);
//CyFxAppErrorHandler (status);
}

glIsConfigured = CyTrue;

}

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

Please try calling CyU3PDebugInit on receiving CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SETCONF event and call CyU3PDebugPrints when glIsConfigured is CyTrue. Please let me know the results after the changes.

case CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_CONNECT:
glIsStreamingStarted = CyFalse;
if (evtype == CY_U3P_USB_EVENT_SETCONF)

{

status = CyU3PDebugInit (CY_FX_EP_DEBUG_SOCKET, 8);
if (status != CY_U3P_SUCCESS)
{
CyU3PDeviceReset(CyFalse);
//CyFxAppErrorHandler (status);
}

glIsConfigured = CyTrue;

}

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Rashi,

It ended being due to the Build Variable 'FX3SDKVERSION'. Although I followed the instructions to install 1_3_4 it has to be set to 1_3_3 to work.

I am having another issue though. When I enable debugging I can't view the stream at the same time. The image appears as green. Attached is log from above application.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

It ended being due to the Build Variable 'FX3SDKVERSION'. Although I followed the instructions to install 1_3_4 it has to be set to 1_3_3 to work.

>> Please let me know if you are able to receive the debug prints on MAC

Further details from my colleague here:

>>From the firmware shared in the thread pointed, I can see that RX payload size field in probe control structure is smaller than the DMA buffer size (0x5FF0).

Please configure the RX Payload size greater or equal to DMA buffer size in probe control structure as follows

0x00, 0x90, 0x00, 0x00, /* No. of bytes device can RX in single payload: 36KB *

Regards,
Rashi