CX3: AppInit:MipicsiInit Err = 0x4A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AkCh_1378701
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hi sir,

here, we made a custom CX3 baseboard, but encountering an issue that, appinit init sequence failed,  at MipicsiInit function.

i guess that is kind of self init for CSI RX inside the CX3 chip,  not for camera TX..

i have a CX3 EVB, for comparison with the custom board, both without camera module connected, based on identical firmware programmed in between boards.

the CX3 EVB doesn't have that issue. but custom board has..   i was wondering what cause the error, could you give an advice how to further debug that?

thanks

CHEN

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is correct. CX3 will configure the MIPI block inside via I2C communication. Find detailed informaiton in the CX3 TRM below

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-cx3-technical-reference-man...

The addres of the MIPI block is 0x0E(W) and 0x0F(R).

Try to check if you have another I2C device which has the same address, or if you have made a correct hardware design.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Could your code work on Denebola board?

0 Likes

yes, the code works on Denebola board..  but it doesn't work on the custom made board..

0 Likes

Hi sir

it is found that i2c bus, there is no ack issue, the slave address sent from the i2c master is 0x0e or 0x0f..

is it possible, i2c master of cx3 sends to i2c slave devices, which is inside cx3 chip? 

thanks

0 Likes

That is correct. CX3 will configure the MIPI block inside via I2C communication. Find detailed informaiton in the CX3 TRM below

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/ez-usb-cx3-technical-reference-man...

The addres of the MIPI block is 0x0E(W) and 0x0F(R).

Try to check if you have another I2C device which has the same address, or if you have made a correct hardware design.

0 Likes

Thanks sir,

we found that the root cause was the external i2c circuitry having an level shift related issue.  it was resolved, and mipicsiinit function returns no error..

0 Likes