CX3  multiple USB classes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 
It is possible to use multiple USB classes on CX3, for example UVC(usb video class) and CDC(communications device class), at the same time ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can have multiple classes. You need to define all the classes and interfaces as you do for a regular USB device. Also, you can take example from the attached example firmware. 

You will need to install the Cypress USB serial drivers from the installer provided here and you will have to bind the device interfaces correctly.  Please let us know if you see any problem. http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit 

In win7 cdc not defined...

uvc-cdc not install driver...

0 Likes

Yes, install was succefull!

But, please tell me, how to conmmunicate?

For example, how send any bytes from this cdc (virtual com port) to PC?

0 Likes
ajmc_3522501
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hi,

I am using the attached project and connecting the CX3 to a USB 3.0 port.

I've shorted the Rx and Tx uart ports so that i get a loop back in the serial console.

But there is an error where i get a delay of one character, ie when i press 'a' and 'b', the console shows only 'a' and only when i press another character would i be able to see 'b'. Thus there is a delay by one character in the console shown.

When i start streaming the video data and then use the serial console it works properly.

Could you please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Hello.

I always start the console after the start of the video stream.

Can you see it here?

/* Entry function for the CDC application thread. */

void CDCAppThread_Entry (uint32_t input)

{

for(;;)

{

if (glPktsPending == 0)

{

CyU3PDmaChannelSetWrapUp (&glChHandleUarttoUsb);

}

glPktsPending = 0;

CyU3PThreadSleep(100);

}

}

0 Likes

I use adapetr board PCI Express to USB3, I thihg it's very good solution.

0 Likes