CCG3 - CYPD3121 Questions.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I previously made a support case to inquire about the CYPD2122, however I believe the CYPD3121 will better suit my needs. 

My application is a USB-C PD powered LED lamp in a consumer/sink role only. I require 15V and approximately 1A from a USB-C PD source wall adapter to power my application. The CYPD3121 will be powered by VBUS and will enable the rest of the application circuit when VBUS = 15V.

I would like to know: 

- Is the CYPD3121 the most appropriate of the CCG3 series for my application? 

- I see the CYPD3121's default firmware is the USB bootloader, does this mean I can program directly over a USB Type-A to Type-C cable my custom application firmware and PD settings via EZ-PD configuration utility? I am not sure and a bit confused if I initially need the SWD interface for programming. 

- In the datasheet application examples I only see the CSA block connected to the Producer path. I wish to implement over current with the CYPD3121 saving BOM count, can I Interrupt Consumer Nfets using the CSA block connected to the consumer path? 

- In the consumer role will the VBUS discharge circuit work on disconnect? I assume it would discharge until VBUS drops below the internal LDO's low voltage threshold and the chip shuts down. 

- Do you have any consumer/sink reference designs I can source from? 

Thank you, 

Adam

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

CYPD3121 is for power bank application and this project is not part of the SDK . I suggest CYPD3125 because this is a notebook project and it is available in the SDK, so you can do the project modification on your own easily.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies