Booting FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm developing a FX 3 app using super speed. One area where I'm having problems in finding documentation is booting the FX3 device. Once you design some code to implement the FX3 interface, the FX3 needs programming so that when the board powers up and starts the application runs.Where is this sort of thing covered in the documentation, and also updating this code if needed later ?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can refer the section 8.1.1 of the attached document. http://www.cypress.com/file/139296/download 

FX3 has the option to boot from SPI/I2C which you can use if you want the FX3 to boot directly with your firmware (bootloader will not pop-up). For this you need to have a SPI Flash or a I2C EEPROM connect with to the FX3, and the PMODE pins should be set to boot accordingly (refer datasheet to see PMODE settings). You can use the same .img which you use for RAM download in section 8.1.1, and program by selecting SPI FLASH/ I2C EEPROM in the section 8.1.2

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nishant,

I get an "access denied" message when accessing that file.

Regards

Tony

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes