About OSS(Open Source Software) of FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
5 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Q1) Please tell me the kind of OSS included in the FX3 SDK( with GPIF-Ⅱ).

Q2) I need to understand license contents and notes on customer's use according to various OSS files.
Is it possible to share the details document on this.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Norimitsu Arai,

- FX3 SDK includes an open source IDE Eclipse that has been modified to suit the firmware development for FX3.

- The license document comes with the FX3 SDK and can be found in the following path after the installation of the same.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\license

FX3 SDK: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Norimitsu Arai,

- FX3 SDK includes an open source IDE Eclipse that has been modified to suit the firmware development for FX3.

- The license document comes with the FX3 SDK and can be found in the following path after the installation of the same.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\license

FX3 SDK: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Srimath san

As a customer's product, it is necessary to clarify which license to handle.After checking FX3 SDK by themselves, they found that both
cyfxgpif2config.h and cyfxgpi_C4loader.h are considered by OSS.

Please tell me what is the license for cyfxgpif2config.h and cyfxgpi_C4loader.h  (including free).

Best Regards,

Arai

0 Likes

Hello Norimitsu Arai,

cyfxgpif2config.h is not a fixed Cypress provided file. It can be generated by the customers using the GPIF2 Designer tool and can be included in their project.

Please let me know where you have found that cyfxgpif2config.h and cyfxgpi_C4loader.h are considered as OSS.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
NoAr_1540581
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Srinath san

Since I have to share their confidential document to explain on this, I will ask this issue in CASE.

Best Regards

Arai

0 Likes