AN87216: commnunication stalls after increase buffer size

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

With the default Master/Slave firmware, a C# program can continue send data to another C# program with zero failed packet. But after changing CY_FX_EP_BURST_LENGTH from 1 to 8 and CY_FX_DMA_BUF_COUNT from 16 to 4 and GPIF counter from 0-511 to 0-4095, the communication stalls after seconds. How to find out the reason?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

As per the following threads it seems that you are getting CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RETRY_EVT and then CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RESET_EVT

Data Transfer problem using Streamer  (response 2)

How to debug device stall  (response 14)

To handle or know the reason for  these error, you can refer to point 4 of section 2.3 of FX3_SDK_troubleshooting_guide

Path: ...\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

Please confirm that you made the above mentioned changes in both the firmware i.e. master and slave firmware.

Please share the snippet when the error occurs

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

Both are changed, there are high speed communication for seconds. Snippet doesn't matter here since there are no useful information there.

0 Likes

Hello,

I wanted to check whether there is some error displayed on the host application.

Which host application are you using for streaming.

Also, please check the debug prints and let me know if some errors are there

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
WGT_4383351
Level 5
Level 5
First like received

The C# program is custom, there is no debug print. What is the possible next step like add some debug print somewhere?

0 Likes

Hello,

I meant the debug prints from firmware to check are there any failures.

You can refer to streamer applications source code to print error from custom application

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\c_sharp\streamer

Also can you probe the usb lines and share the traces. You can use wireshark for that

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello,

As per the following threads it seems that you are getting CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RETRY_EVT and then CYU3P_USBEP_SS_RESET_EVT

Data Transfer problem using Streamer  (response 2)

How to debug device stall  (response 14)

To handle or know the reason for  these error, you can refer to point 4 of section 2.3 of FX3_SDK_troubleshooting_guide

Path: ...\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\doc\firmware

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes