AN84868 FPGA Configuration Utility for Linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
agba_3844561
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

I'm trying to follow the steps of [AN84868](http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an84868-configuring-fpga-over-usb-using-cypre... ) but on a linux distribution (mint).

The problem is the program FPGA Configuration Utility is compiled for windows. Do you have a linux version? Or is it possible to do it via cyusb_linux?

Many thanks,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dear Anil,

I have no doubt that it works correctly for windows. The issue I'm having is for making it work on Linux. Of course Visual Studio does not work and I cannot run the .exe on linux so I have to recompile it.

The dll I'm using is windows only which means the API is windows only and I won't be able to make it work on linux (.net - DllNotFoundException: hid.dll C# Linux - Stack Overflow​)

So my conclusion is for the moment, the tool FPGA Configuration Utility is only for Windows and not for linux.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
agba_3844561
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

I've installed monodevelop and opened "FPGA_Configuration.sln" with it.

When compiling I get:

System.DllNotFoundException has been thrown hid.dll on the line:

usbDevices = new USBDeviceList(CyConst.DEVICES_CYUSB);                 

My lack of knowledge on C# made this difficult to debug for me. Help!

0 Likes

Hi,

We built FPGA_Configuration file in Visual Studio in windows-10, It works fine as shown in Figure.

visual.JPG

Please refer to following link"https://monodevelop-list.ximian.narkive.com/HSXzN5qS/error-on-run-system-dllnotfoundexception-hid-dl... "

Regards,

Anil Srinivas.

0 Likes

Dear Anil,

I have no doubt that it works correctly for windows. The issue I'm having is for making it work on Linux. Of course Visual Studio does not work and I cannot run the .exe on linux so I have to recompile it.

The dll I'm using is windows only which means the API is windows only and I won't be able to make it work on linux (.net - DllNotFoundException: hid.dll C# Linux - Stack Overflow​)

So my conclusion is for the moment, the tool FPGA Configuration Utility is only for Windows and not for linux.

0 Likes