AN75779 hangs again...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

after having updated my AN75779 based project with the help of Technical Support, that gave me Rev Q215, I was happy to see that INVALID_SEQUENCE errors disappeared; and the new frame timeout system saved some bad situation...

But my happiness ended when I discovered that the frame acquisition sometime stops suddenly and there is no way to restore it. This problem is random: may happen after few minutes or hours. From the serial debug I get no errors, it seems all right but the acquisition cannot recover; the only way is a reboot.

I already tried: CyU3PPibDeInit/CyU3PPibInit, CyU3PDmaMultiChannelDestroy/CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate, CyU3PUsbResetEndpointMemories, but the acquisition remains stuck or sometime only few garbage bytes are returned.

How can avoid this? Or, at least, restore the acquisition...

Thank a lot!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please create a technical support case for this issue.

Regards

Dhritiman

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dadeur, Could you explain how do you solved your INVALID_SEQUENCE errors, I'm facing the same problem right now with the AN75779 original source code. Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi joseph, Cypress support provvided me AN75779 Rev. Q215 (I think now they updated the public version too) that implements a timeout timer. If someting goes wrong the procedure will abort the current frame and start the next avoiding  INVALID_SEQUENCE error.

I had other problems after updating my code but I discovered that were caused by an instability of video bus signals. Regards.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dadeur, thanks for your answer. In the updated public version of the AN75779 source code there is nothing related with a timeout timer (I have downloaded it again to try just in case. Last Updated: Mar 24, 2016, Ver. *G). Please could you send me a copy of AN75779 Rev.Q215? Thanks.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DaBo_288066
Level 2
Level 2

Hi joseph, I hope this will help you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much dadeur. I'll have a look. It seems to be a quite different approach.

0 Likes