AN75779 - FX3 (UVC) Framework GPIF II 32-bits Interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

AN75779 firmware FX3 with 32-bits interface is not detected in Device Manager (Imaging devices). GPIF with 16 bits interface works fine.

Attached both 16-bits and 32 bits cyfxgpif2config.h and changed isDQ32Bit parameter set to CyTrue in the firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The problem might be because of the noise associated with the gpif - fpga interface. Please rework the connector interface. The noise will propagate to the USB interface ans result in PHY errors.

Also, you can try reducing the voltage levels of the gpif interface and the corresponding VIOx power domains.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Your files look fine. Are these generate by the gpif designer? or did you made the modification (from 16 bit to 32 bit) yourself?

Can you attach your whole state machine project + fx3 firmware project?

One reason I could think why this was failing was, you might be using spi interface (useSpi = CyTrue) in the CyU3PDeviceIOConfigure API.

Also, for 32 bit make sure lppMode is set as     io_cfg.lppMode          = CY_U3P_IO_MATRIX_LPP_DEFAULT;

Regards,

- Madhu

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please find whole state machine project + fx3 firmware project attached with this reply.

Jagadeesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jagadeesh,

I was able to see FX3 in the Imaging section of the device manager with your project. (as in the image below).

fx3.png

Can you please check if FX3 appeared in the Other devices section, if so, go to update driver option and select "USB Composite Device" from the list it shows?

Regards,

- Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can see FX3 in camera devices when I unplug Superspeed Explorer kit from FPGA DEV board.

FPGA Development board is power off and all IO are assigned properly to FPGA I/O.

Its there any pullup/pulldown  is need in the Superspeed Explorer Kit.

Below are signal used in the FPGA Dev board.

CLK  - GPIO16    - PCLK

LV    - GPIO_28  - CTL11

FV   - GPIO_29   - CTL12

NSENSOR_RESET   - GPIO_22 - CTL5

DATABUS_0 to 31 { GPIO0 to GPIO31 - DQ0 to DQ31}

Thanks

Jagadeesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The problem might be because of the noise associated with the gpif - fpga interface. Please rework the connector interface. The noise will propagate to the USB interface ans result in PHY errors.

Also, you can try reducing the voltage levels of the gpif interface and the corresponding VIOx power domains.

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes