AN65974 StreamOut data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiTo_4448151
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, for STREAM_OUT example project provided with AN65974 I'm getting continuous data "EF EF". How can I customize data coming out

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The source code of streamer application (Streamer.h) is written in such a way that it fills the entire buffer with EFs. You can find the source code in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\streamer

Note: The path depends on your installation directory.

The screenshot of the same is given below:

pastedImage_0.png

For sending customized data, please make use of control center application as mentioned in my previous reply.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please share a screenshot of the problem so that I can understand the issue better.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Attached is screenshot.

How can I customize data which I'm getting for all the examples in AN65974

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hello,

Streamer application just transfers some random data to check the throughput of the device. In order to send your own data, please make use of the application Control Center that comes along with FX3 SDK. After programming FX3 with the STREAM_OUT.img, please send the data as shown in the following figure:

pastedImage_0.png

Or you can just send a file by using Transfer File-OUT option. You can use the TEST.txt file which comes along with the AN65974 project.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi JayaKrishna,

If it is random data, how am I getting same data (EF) always? I think there should be a parameter to which data needs to assigned .

0 Likes

Hello,

The source code of streamer application (Streamer.h) is written in such a way that it fills the entire buffer with EFs. You can find the source code in the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\streamer

Note: The path depends on your installation directory.

The screenshot of the same is given below:

pastedImage_0.png

For sending customized data, please make use of control center application as mentioned in my previous reply.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes