256kB EEPROM sufficient for bootimage?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

in my project I want to stream thermal video data via USB. The FX3 acts as a bridge between a FPGA and the USB-Host. Further I use  the TI HD3SS3220 Type C Portcontroller.

The FX3 should communicate to the Portcontroller via I²C and the FPGA will send its data via the slave fifo interface, which i want to make 32 bits wide. The FX3 won't have to manipulate the data, as the FPGA will do all the processing.

So, if I understood this right, I could keep the power domain of the SPI unpowered, if I boot the FX3 from I²C-EEPROM.

I'm worried to get in trouble with the Bootimage size, as I have no experience with the FX3. Do you think the 256kB are sufficient? Or should I consider using a larger Flash memory?

Thank you for your support

Best regards

Dennis

0 Likes
1 Solution
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Dennis,

Generally 256KB should be enough for a FX3 only application. In most cases, the firmware img file will not larger than 200KB.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Dennis,

Generally 256KB should be enough for a FX3 only application. In most cases, the firmware img file will not larger than 200KB.