24/32 Bit GPIF - Unused DQ Pins as GPIO

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaFi_4159091
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

for my current FX3-Project I only need DQ0 to DQ11 and DQ16 to DQ27 of the 32 Bit GPIF as inputs. Can I use the remaining DQ-Pins (DQ12-15 and DQ28-31) as GPIO outputs?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

You can use the remaining unused GPIF lines as GPIO's but you will have to override them first and then configure them according your application.

You can either use the IOMatrix configuration to override as GPIO's or use the CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() API to override the individual GPIO's one by one.

You can refer to the GpioApp example firmware to understand the way to configure the lines as GPIO's found with the FX3 SDK in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp

Regards,

Yashwant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
YashwantK_46
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

You can use the remaining unused GPIF lines as GPIO's but you will have to override them first and then configure them according your application.

You can either use the IOMatrix configuration to override as GPIO's or use the CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() API to override the individual GPIO's one by one.

You can refer to the GpioApp example firmware to understand the way to configure the lines as GPIO's found with the FX3 SDK in the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\serialif_examples\cyfxgpioapp

Regards,

Yashwant

0 Likes