emmc read/write application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an eMMC connected to the CYUSB302x controller. So can i use FX3 SDK to create a pc application for the data transfer between host pc and the eMMC connected to CYUSB302x controller?.

Any code examples appreciated,

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

In response no 3 you can use CyAPI only if your device comes up as vendor class device. For standard mass storage device you have to use Microsoft API's.

We don't have any example application for that.

Thanks & regards
Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Does your device come up as a mass storage device or vendor device when connected to PC?

Can you please please mention what is your application? What should your application be capable of?

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine is just a mass storage device.i want to encrypt data going to emmc from application

0 Likes

Hi

Yes you are right. USB 3.0 interface is same in both FX3, FX3S & SD3. You can use same CyAPI library to develop PC application for CYUSB302x controller. Please refer to the example code provided along with SDK at the following location.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\application\cpp\bulkloop"

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the replay. This example

(/cyfx3sdk/firmware/msc_examples/cyfxmscdemo/) is more suitable,isn't it?

0 Likes

Hi,

The example that you are pointing to is firmware example, but as you mentioned in the post you want to develop a PC application.

Let me know if I am wrong.

-Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Hi,

In response no 3 you can use CyAPI only if your device comes up as vendor class device. For standard mass storage device you have to use Microsoft API's.

We don't have any example application for that.

Thanks & regards
Abhinav

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I will discuss with my team and ping you back.

0 Likes