device not identified after CY7C65630

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasu_2655076
Level 2
Level 2

I have an application with two boards,  one of them use a CY7C68013, let's call this board A. one of them has a CY7C65630 and CY7C68013 let's call this board B,

the problem is that when I plug the A board to a PC, then everything is OK. but if I pug the A board to B board CY7C65630 downstream port, then CY7C65630 upstream port plug to PC. then the PC couldn't detect the USB device type. 

why this hub will cause this failure? how to fix this problem( workaround)?

Thanks,

David Sun

Board A plug-in PC USB power, properties are.

Hardware Ids:  

USB\VID_0547&PID_5253&REV_0000

USB\VID_0547&PID_5253

Configuration Id

oem22.inf:USB\VID_0547&PID_5253,CyUsb3.NTamd64

Board A plug-in Board B, then Board B plug-in PC. properties are

pastedImage_0.png

This is the property of the hub chip. Optovue RTVue Base Controller is the CY7C68013 on board B. unknown USB device is the board A plugged in the hub port.

the hub driver is 6/21/2006, version is 10.0.17763.1. hardware ID is

USB\VID_04B4&PID_6560&REV_9015

USB\VID_04B4&PID_6560

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi David,

-I was able to view the devices when programmed with both the firmwares under my HX2VL on my PC under xHCI host controller(using usbhub3.sys driver). Just to be sure, could you please attach your descriptor file for the non-working firmware?

-Please also check the HX2VL configuration on Board B using the Blaster tool and check if the ports are all enabled and removable.

-When you get the error, could you also try uninstalling the device from device manager?

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello David,

-Please attach the schematic of the board B to which you are connecting the FX2LP device in board A.

-Is there an enumeration issue with any other downstream device on that particular port?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

Thank you for your prompt response, I attached the schematic of the hub and a USB device on Board B that is downstream the hub.  as in one of the picture of the first post. even when the Board A failed by the device ID, the USB device on board B still works fine.

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

totally I have 4 combination in my case.

let's focus on Board A,

Board A with EEPROM A, will be identified both with PC, and behind a downstream Hub.

Board A with EEPROM A_FPGA, this one will be identified by PC USB port.

Board A with EEPROM A_FPGA, will not be identified behind a downstream Hub.

please help me analysis what could be the root cause of this failure.

appreciate your help.

David Sun

0 Likes

Hi David,

Apologies for the delay in response, please check the following-

-Is the EEPROM A_FPGA configuration used for booting FX2LP from EEPROM and connecting the FPGA for external data access? If yes, please check the activity on the I2C lines for failed case. If not, please attach complete schematics for the FX2LP on board A.

-Please connect a different device like a pen drive on the same port instead of the FX2LP in the failed case and check for any failure. 

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Sananya,

to answer your question first,

1. yes, the FX2LP is boot from EEPROM A_FPGA. the I2c between EEPROM and the USB controller should be OK because if we conned to PC directly work fine.

2. the other USB device works fine if plugged in the hub.

After we struggled for a while, I doubt it is related to win driver, because the same configuration works on another system. 

for your experience, my Win10 is upgrade form a Win7. so the usb hub driver is old. buy I can't update it to usbhub3.

is usbhub3 compatible with 65630. will it be better then original USB hub driver in  my case?

Thanks,

David Sun

0 Likes

Hi David Sun,

As per my understanding, usbhub3.sys is only used by USB 3.0 host controllers and will be bound for 3.0 capable hubs. Please refer to-USB host-side drivers in Windows - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

What is the configuration of the PC in which it fails? Could you kindly attach the firmware file in *.iic format for us to check at our end?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, Sananya

Thank you very much for following up this case, good news is we figured out on some computer, it works, but on some computer it won't.

I attached two files, bulkloop_A_VID0547_PID5254.iic is the one have trouble on some computer. Scan_BD_FW.iic always works on all computer.

I also attached the latest driver we are using.

by the way, we notice that, disable the power management in the USB root hub property helps.

and even in the computer that successfully load the iic file. sometimes still fail and need power cycle the MCU.

we doubt it is related to the configuration to the computer, but we couldn't figure out the key factor.

Appreciate your help,

David Sun

0 Likes

Hi David,

-I was able to view the devices when programmed with both the firmwares under my HX2VL on my PC under xHCI host controller(using usbhub3.sys driver). Just to be sure, could you please attach your descriptor file for the non-working firmware?

-Please also check the HX2VL configuration on Board B using the Blaster tool and check if the ports are all enabled and removable.

-When you get the error, could you also try uninstalling the device from device manager?

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes