cypress 68013 + image streams

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using a image-collecting system based on the Cypress 68013. But I am not the hardware person, this is my partner's work. I just need to do the PC application.

Now when I only receive data and not do other things in my app, I can receive stable data rates up to 22Mbytes/s.

However if I do some data processing in another thread, the data rates will be not stable that in fact the data sometimes can't be received completely(the waitForDataXfer is timeout). I use your "streamer" application as an example to design my app. My experimental desk computer is not a new one with winxp system and old i3 cpu. In other hand, my app can work stably on my PC with i5 cpu and win8.1 system.

The last, I want to say the imaging-collecting system I used doesn't have a ram buffer to store one frame from the cmos imaging sensor. It will transmit a frame to the PC if it gets PC's request code for a simple agreement. That is to say sometimes I can't receive a frame in time and completely with the asynchronous method (BeginDataXfer/WaitForXfer/FinishDataXfer)that Cypress offered. My image frame is 1280 * 720.

Thank you for help.

0 Likes
1 Reply