I am trying to use CY7C68013 to grab image sensor data. But I am confused about the hardware connection between CY7C68013 and CMOS sensor.
The CMOS has following interface:
My questions are:
1. Where can I interface the line_valid, frame_valid, pix_clk signal?
I found a case from web:
Is this correct? If frame_valid==>GPIO, how can this GPIO control the data transfer?
2. If I want an external camera triggering architecture, the CMOS_exposure should be connnected to CY7C68013 and then use the external_trigger signal to trigger a GPIO interrupt of CY7C68013? Or just connect the external_trigger to CMOS_exposure dirctly?
3. Is it possible to use the CLKOUT of CY7C68013 to source the CMOS_sysclk? (such as 26.66MHz)
4. Which mode is more suited for this application? Slave FIFO or GPIF?
Thanks in advance.
if use fifo
HS connect to SLWR
VS connect to INT0 or INT1
if use GPIF
HS connect to rdy0
vs connetc to rdy1
2 i dont undstand
3 clkout can put 12MHz 24MHZ and 48Mhz
4 slave FIFO is more suited but i use GPIF
because i inter a mark for camera raw data per frame
Thanks a lot for your reply.
2. I want to trigger the CMOS from an external device, can I connect the trig-signal to CMOS directly (bypass CY7C68013)?
4. IF use FIFO, we can use the fifo read/write protocol directly. IF use GPIF, we need to use GPIF-designer to generate the W/R state machine which is similar to FIFO mechanism. Is my understanding right?
I read the KBA95736. But I don't know how to do it.
The INT0 is a falling edge per frame.
so how to inter a mark package in the slave fifo autoin mode?
I am also confused by this inserting operation. I am using GPIF-AUTO mode.
Have you got the solution in slave FIFO or GPIF mode?
Any help will be appreciated.
I am using GPIF mode to transfer data from CMOS chip to host endpoint.
1. I am confused by the waveform design of GPIF. Would you please share your state machine design?
2. I have no idea how to separate the different frame in the packet data. You said you insert a mark in each frame, is this operation for identify the different frame? If so , how to insert the mark data in AUTO-IN mode? From my understanding, the CPU is passed by from the data path and can not interrupt the data transfer.
Thanks in advance.