a unique serial number for USB device

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=32896

It said "USB Mass Storage Specification requires a unique serial number" and "Cypress offers free manufacturing software tools that will assign a unique serial number to each device which is programmed using the tool. "

What is the name of this tool? Where to download it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Here you go http://www.cypress.com/?rID=14455.

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Steven,

The utility to be used depends on the cypress chip that you're using. Please let us know the cypress mass storage part number that you're using in your design.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Prajith,

Thanks for your reply, but I still didn't find it.

Hi, Anand

We use CY7C680130-128AC.  EEPROM is 24LC64.

Thanks!

Steven

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Please download NX2LP_Programming_Utility.zip file from above link.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you say you're using CY7C68013A are you using the NX2LP firmware (NAND controller) or AT2LP firmware (PATA, CF card controller) firmware?

Please point me to the firmware source you're using or have you developed your own mass storage firmware?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Prji,

Thanks for your answer. I download this tool. I think the tool Mfgtool is what I mentioned before,but

it uses for NX2LP.  My application is FX2LP.

Hi, Anand,

I'm sorry I didn't describe my application clearly. I download cy3684_ez_usb_fx2lp_development_kit_15.exe.

It is FX2LP. We are using CY7C68013A. 

Thanks

Steven

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Steven,

CY3684 does not have a mass storage class example. So we don't have an utility to program an unique serial number for the same. NX2LP-Flex has a firmware which emulates NX2LP-Flex on FX2LP and AT2LP has a firmware which emulates AT2LP on FX2LP. These are the 2 for which you would be able to find utilities to program serial number (they're both mass storage class firmware)

Anyway in the examples that come with FX2LP you can modify the serial number in dscr.a51. If you to develop a custom application to program this serial number from device to device then please let me know so that we can discuss further.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Anand,

Thank you very much!

Currently  I manually modify the serial number in dscr.a51.  Now I know there is no tools

to do this for FX2LP device.

Thanks!

Steven

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Developing a tool to do this isn't a big deal. Fix the location the Serial number will reside./

Then generate a tool which will replace this location with the value that want while generating the .iic from the .hex file.

Cheers,

Anand

0 Likes