USBFS driver not recognizing on windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HaHa_285681
Level 3
Level 3
First like given

Hello Dear All,

I am using c8ckit-059, psoc creator 4.1 version and windows 10 for testing USBFS_Bulk_Wraparound example.

I get this error and can't solve it    SOS

error.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

You said " the problem does not solved."  What is the problem not solved?

Is the device recognized by the Windows 10?

If you are talking about the INF file like "USBFS_cdc.inf" the INF file is a USBUART device driver when the device is configured as USBUART device.

GS004390.png

The Bulk Wraparound device is not supported by the INF file even for other Windows operating system like Windows 7.

The root cause of the device driver problem is due to the revised Windows security for the device drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please ensure you installed the USBSuite 3.4 as described in the code example document as follows.

GS004386.png

Please skip the step 4 and try PID=00F1 instead of PID=8051

The "StreamerExample" device driver will respond.

GS004388.png

0 Likes
NoriTan
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Please let me correct my previous reply.

I found that the SuiteUSB 3.4 does not include a device driver for PID=00F1

Please use Cypress USB Suite instead of SuiteUSB 3.4  Cypress USB Suite is contained in the FX3 SDK which can be downloaded at following location.

EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

You can use the streamer application to measure the transfer speed by invoking two applications like follows.

GS004389.png

0 Likes

Dear Noriaki Tanaka, thank you for your reply.

I have installed EZ-USB FX3 Software Development Kit and changes as you mentioned but the problem does not solved.

I have used the same _cdc.inf driver from project directory previously without problems. What else can be reason do not recognise this drive?

0 Likes

You said " the problem does not solved."  What is the problem not solved?

Is the device recognized by the Windows 10?

If you are talking about the INF file like "USBFS_cdc.inf" the INF file is a USBUART device driver when the device is configured as USBUART device.

GS004390.png

The Bulk Wraparound device is not supported by the INF file even for other Windows operating system like Windows 7.

The root cause of the device driver problem is due to the revised Windows security for the device drivers.

0 Likes

Dear Noriaki Tanaka,

Thank you it was my mistake.

So for sending integers or integer vectors is the usb_uart best and fastest option?

0 Likes

The fastest option is to use bulk transfers directly.  PC-side software development effort will be required.  In addition, you must develop your own device driver suitable for Windows 10.

The easiest option is to use the USBUART.  Less effort will be required at PC-side.  The most significant advantage is the Windows' official device driver can be used.

In both cases, a bulk transfer endpoint is used as the low level data transactions.  So, the transfer speeds of them are not significantly different.

Thanks, for information and help.

0 Likes