Problem with cyusbserial.dll

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrzegorzS
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I made wrapper on cyusbserial.dll in c++ to control projector. Next I used me wrapper(dll) in C# and next I prepare installation to our customer.  Problem is that cyusbserial.dll has dependency on dll`s which aren`t in microsoft redistribuate. In me version of cyusbserial.dll I see dependency on typical debug dll`s as MSVCP140D.DLL Me program after installation will work only on computer which has this debug dlls... Have you version cyusbserial.dll without dependency on typical visual studio dlls? 

cypress_dll_problem.png

PS: Now we use dll from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit?sourc...

Thanks for any help.

1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

As you can see from the dependency hierarchy you have shared, CyUSBSerial.dll doesnt depend on MSVCP140D.dll and other debug libraries. Please make sure you build and use Release version of the wrapper you have created. This will exclude all these debug libraries.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

As you can see from the dependency hierarchy you have shared, CyUSBSerial.dll doesnt depend on MSVCP140D.dll and other debug libraries. Please make sure you build and use Release version of the wrapper you have created. This will exclude all these debug libraries.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes