PCB design for USB on CY8C3866AXI-040ES2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   

I am currently doing a design for a project that needs to implement USB communication between a computer and PSoC3.   

The device we are using is CY8C3866AXI-040ES2, and although the datasheet states that is has full-speed USB support, there is no mention of any external conditioning chip for USB.   

I have the CY8CKIT-001 development kit, and there are two schematic drawings that came with it. One is for the PSoC1 and the other is for PSoC3. The PSoC1 schematic shows the use of SN65220 between the PSoC pins and the USB socket, but the PSoC3 is completely lacking of any USB schematic.   

It also seems that most of the USB topics here are dealing with high-speed USB devices other than PSoC. So I guess my question is this.   

Is it appropriate to connect my PSoC3 directly to the computer without another USB device?   

Does my PSoC3 need a USB conditioning chip to filter out USB noise like the PSoC1 schematic shows?   

Are there any updated schematics for PSoC3 that have more USB detail?   

We need to have our PCB design complete by the end of next week so any response would be appreciated.   

Thanks in advance.   
0 Likes
0 Replies