Linking Error for building project using x64 CyAPI.lib

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aditya_r07
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I am trying to include the 'CyAPI.lib' from the x64 Cypress library folder and trying to build in C++ 10.4 Builder for the multi target platform. But, I am facing problem with a linker error like "[ilink64 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'CCyUSBDevice::CCyUSBDevice(void*, _GUID, int)..................'  while trying to build. Please find the attached snapshot for more details. 

Any guidance on the matter would be greatly appreciated !!  

@YatheeshD_36 

Thanks,

Aditya

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hi Han,

You are right. I came across this weblink C++ Compiler Compatibility - RAD Studio which mentions that VC++ is not compatible with bcc64 platform.

It seems that Embarcadero IDE doesn't support any other C++ compiler except bcc. If yes, cyapi.lib is will not be compatible.

You can use Microsoft Visual Studio (2008 or higher) to build the application using cyapi.lib.  You can also try use cyusb.dll (.NET library). CyUSB.dll is a managed Microsoft .NET class library which enables  its classes and methods can be accessed from any of the Microsoft Visual Stuido.NET managed languages such as Visual Basic.NET, C#, Visual J# and managed C++

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies