Late ACK when using CY7C68001

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm task with figuring out, why our USB communication randomly is in-stable. In a USB trace I was able to locate the following strange behavior, where the ACK on the setup package seams very late (see image below). I was wondering, under which circumstances is such a behavior can be expected?

pastedImage_0.png

I'm relative new to such low level debugging and would welcome any hints.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- What is the request that is sent to the device (bRequest = 0x00 from trace). Please explain what this request corresponds to.

- Please let us know the USB class that the device conforms to.

- From the trace, it can be seen that there is no ACK from the device. Kindly, ensure that the class specific request (0x00) is handled in the device's firmware.

EDIT:

- When designing a class specific device, the requests specific to that class ought to be handled in the firmware appropriately.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

- What is the request that is sent to the device (bRequest = 0x00 from trace). Please explain what this request corresponds to.

- Please let us know the USB class that the device conforms to.

- From the trace, it can be seen that there is no ACK from the device. Kindly, ensure that the class specific request (0x00) is handled in the device's firmware.

EDIT:

- When designing a class specific device, the requests specific to that class ought to be handled in the firmware appropriately.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes