Is I2C of FX2LP signal synchronized in crystal oscillator?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

I'm gonna connect i2c from fx2lp to image sensor. 

But i'm not sure about that  fx2lp's i2c signals is synchronized crystal oscillator. 

So. Does anyone how to handle of fx2lp's i2c and clock?

P.S From fx2's i2c signals will use to other image sensor. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The bus frequency of I2C hardware block in FX2LP defaults to approximately 100 kHz , and it can be configured to run at 400 kHz for devices that support the higher speed. FX2LP takes the clock from the crystal oscillator and derives the clock needed for I2C hardware block internally.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

Are you mean that there is not any relationship between FX2LP's I2C and crystal oscillator?

Coud you check again and please let me know what clock is drive FX2LP's I2C function internally?

So, Is not relationship between IFCLK and FX2LP's I2C? (That is, FX2LP's I2C is working async in chip?) 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Firstly, since you are interfacing an image sensor to FX2LP, the IFCLK signal is coming from sensor as input to FX2LP, correct?

Now, you want to know if the FX2LP's I2C clock is synchronous with this IFCLK, correct?

If this is the case, then the answer is No. The I2C clock is derived from the externally connected crystal. The IFCLK is used only to operate the GPIF block. So IFCLK and I2C clock in this scenario are not related.

Regards

Shashank

0 Likes