Interface CY7C68013A with Microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have inherited a sensor board/product that utilises a CY7C68013A to stream data from an FPGA over USB to a host. I have access to the design and firmware for it and have discovered already that it is configured as a Custom Vendor Class.

My current application requires that I use an M7 core MCU (ATSAME70) as a USB Host (Not a PC) which sends config commands and receives and processes the data from the sensor board via the CY7C68013A.

I have a .dll that runs on windows for it but am not sure how to progress with communicating with it from an embedded MCU.

My question;

-Does anyone have some sample code or applications notes on how to communicate with the CY7C68013A via MCU that is setup as a host?

I understand it may be a broad question, but I need to start somewhere and to date can only find details for Windows and MAC USB drivers.

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback and general guidance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The MCU can be setup as a host in the communication but the implementation needs to be taken care of on your side.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

The MCU can be setup as a host in the communication but the implementation needs to be taken care of on your side.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sananya,

I am currently setting up the Host mode on the MCU, but am curious about what specific configuration I need to do for this particular chip?

Thanks again for any information you can give, or guidance on what spec/section contains this information.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Disco,

The configuration in FX2LP does not depend on what host is being used. You can configure it in the same way you do it to communicate with a PC host.

You can refer to FX2LP example firmware codes for different configuration

Regards,

- Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes