IIC work and HEX file can't program EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dasu_2655076
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, Cypress expert,

I have a question about the EZ-USB FX2. I am using uVision Toolchain C51 compiler/Assembler Kit Version:9.56.0.0.

after compile, it generates a hex file. I run "HEX2BIX -IR -M 16384 -F 0xC2 -O Scan_BD_FW.iic Scan_BD_FW.hex" to convert it to iic format,

this iic file works fine with cyconsole. but if I use the hex file write to microchip 24lc128. the system not work.

so I have to use Cyconsole to load the iic file to this eeprom. and use the eeprom programmer to read the master chip file out. then load this file to the chip.

I don't understand why the Hex file can't be used directly to load the EEprom. is there any trick? do we need to setup some special parameter of the eeprom programmer to make it work.

Thanks,

David Sun

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi David,

Yes, .iic format is for Cypress use to load the EEPROM using Control Center. You need to check the file formats supported by your programmer; the Intel hex file generated from Keil uVision should be loadable directly into your programmer.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello David,

Could you please let us know what EEPROM Programmer you are using? The Hex2Bix utility creates a .iic file which will contain only the raw data from the Intel hex file generated by Keil uVision compiler. Please compare the file read out by your EEPROM Programmer and the one generated from Keil uVision and check if there are any differences in the headers etc.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes

Hi Sananya

Thank you for prompt response, the EEPROM programmer is EMP-11 from Needham’s Electronics.

I thought .iic format is for Cypress use only, do you mean I can load .iic file to standard EEPROM programmer?

Thanks,

David Sun

0 Likes

Hi David,

Yes, .iic format is for Cypress use to load the EEPROM using Control Center. You need to check the file formats supported by your programmer; the Intel hex file generated from Keil uVision should be loadable directly into your programmer.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes