How could I recover EEPROM program when accidently program bulkloop in? (FX2LP,CY68013)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
beli_1899751
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cypress Community,

We have a customized board using CY68013, which is the same as the schematic of FX2LP.

We program the bulkloop example (bulkloop.iic) into the eeprom of FX2LP using cyconsole.exe, and we found that the usb failed to enumerate, and if I open cyconsole.exe again, tries to rewrite the EEPROM, it reports an error says that access vioalation. Later on, we found that, the bulkloop example contains

EZUSB_WriteI2C();

EZUSB_WaitForEEPROMWrite();

command (see: Why Certain EZ-USB® FX2LP™ DVK Firmware Examples Fail Enumeration on Custom Boards? – KBA86725 )

The problem is, this bulkloop.iic with WriteI2C and WaitForEEPROMWrite has been already programmed into the EEPROM. How could I reset, or clear, or reprogram the eeprom and bring the I2C function (i.e., write into EEPROM using cyconsole.exe) back?

Thanks!

Benyuan

0 Likes
1 Solution
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Benyuan,

One way to reprogram the EEPROM with .iic file is by disconnecting the I2C lines (if possible) connected to the existing EEPROM (pull ups on SDA and SCL should still be present). The FX2LP will boot up with a "No EEPROM device" and gets detected in cyconsole. Then connect back the EEPROM to the device and program it using Cyconsole.

Please refer to Recovering Corrupted Boot EEPROM of FX2LP – KBA222693 for alternate method.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Benyuan,

One way to reprogram the EEPROM with .iic file is by disconnecting the I2C lines (if possible) connected to the existing EEPROM (pull ups on SDA and SCL should still be present). The FX2LP will boot up with a "No EEPROM device" and gets detected in cyconsole. Then connect back the EEPROM to the device and program it using Cyconsole.

Please refer to Recovering Corrupted Boot EEPROM of FX2LP – KBA222693 for alternate method.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

Dear Yatheesh

The EEPROM and I2C lines can not be disconnected, it is wired on the PCB board. I soldering 24LC128 and solder another EEPROM chip on our PCB board.

Thank you.

Benyuan

0 Likes