GPIF questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm designing 68013 interface with FPGA using GPIF. FPGA work as slave FIFO.

CPU could send/read bulk data in need using GPIF

CPU could send/read control data in need (could I use GPIF, too ?)

FPGA could send control data by interrupt 68013.

but I have some questions need to make clear before I could start

1. how I could send control data using CTRL_WR wave form, like program trigger CTRL_WR waveform. CTRL data is 64 bytes. I planned to use ep1 to do this.

2. as above how to trigger bulk transfer for FIFO_WR/FIFO_RD ?

other questions:

3. could I use FPGA to make 68013 get into low power mode, or how 68013 could get into low power mode to save power ?

my design is send a data block to FPGA and then sleep for a while then wakeup again to transfer.

4. and, any way to interrupt 68013 to trigger CTRL_RD wave form and report to CPU via USB ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's time to close this discussion:

1. how I could send control data using CTRL_WR wave form, like program trigger CTRL_WR waveform. CTRL data is 64 bytes. I planned to use ep1 to do this.

EP1 could use to send ctrl but got no clue to make GPIF switch data between different EPs, got no clue, and could not find any demo code for switch between different EP out.

2. as above how to trigger bulk transfer for FIFO_WR/FIFO_RD ?

coded alread posted

other questions:

3. could I use FPGA to make 68013 get into low power mode, or how 68013 could get into low power mode to save power ?

my design is send a data block to FPGA and then sleep for a while then wakeup again to transfer.

employee replied

4. and, any way to interrupt 68013 to trigger CTRL_RD wave form and report to CPU via USB ?

could use INT0 to read data from FPGA but data only send via host trigger bulk_transfer or control vendor in request.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies