FX2LP18 power consumption in reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
petenh
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

What is the power consumption of the FX2LP18  when held in reset for both the three different supply inputs? I am working on a very power sensitive design and the USB will only be needed when powered externally. When in battery mode, I want to minimize the power consumption as much as possible by holding the part in reset (or even adding a power switch if necessary). The datasheet shows Isusp current, but it is not clear which power rail that is referring to. Also, it's not necessarily the same as when the part is in reset.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

I checked internally and the typical value of current consumption during reset is around 28mA.

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hello,

By reset, are you suggesting holding the CPU in reset by implementing the vendor command (0xA0)? If so, the current consumption by FX2LP in this case is not much. 

Alternatively, to make the EZ-USB operate at extremely low power, I would recommend you to use the WU2 dual nature pin. In this case the power consumption reduction is considerable.

Please refer to section 6.4.1 (WU2 Pin) in the EZ USB TRM: https://www.cypress.com/file/126446/download 

for further details on it's implementation.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
petenh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mallika, I was referring to holding the chip in reset by driving the reset pin low. What is the power consumption in this condition?

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hello,

I checked internally and the typical value of current consumption during reset is around 28mA.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
petenh
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes