FX2LP loading firmware from EEPROM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
andrewp
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I'm using the FX2LP dev kit and I'm trying to get the FX2LP to load my firmware from EEPROM.  My hex file, when transferred into RAM, works fine.  When I write the IIC file to the EEPROM and then reset the device with the reset button, the firmware initialization seems to execute properly, but as soon as I try to make any USB requests they all fail. 

Again, it seems like the firmware is loading and executing the initialization properly because it comes up with my VID/PID and turns on the LEDs that I've programmed, but the USB requests fail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mallika,

Going back through my code I see that the IIC that I was uploading was corrupted; fixing the IIC file fixed my problem.

Thanks,

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Andrew,

Kindly provide more details as follows:

>> Which firmware are you loading? Is it custom firmware? If yes, could you please check with the FX2LP kit default firmware also?

>> Which FX2LP kit are you using?

>> Which host application are you using and which USB requests are failing? Please share USB Analyzer/Wireshark traces.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi Mallika,

Going back through my code I see that the IIC that I was uploading was corrupted; fixing the IIC file fixed my problem.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Likes