FX2LP is not working properly for Snapshot mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaAd_2759041
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

I have implemented the code for snapshot mode,where the fx2lp(RAM) board is interfaced with WVGA sensor,its working fine for video mode without vendor commands,but for the  snapshot mode it displaying only the black screen.if I include the vendor commands it showing the display with grid view(shifting image),i do not why it is happening like this?can anyone please suggest the ideas to come out of this problem.

Thank you..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Please check the driver version, host application and host controller in both windows 10 and windows 7. The snapshot is working properly in windows 7, that means the FX2LP device is receiving data properly from the image sensor but the host is not capturing the data properly.

you can refer to Interfacing FX2LP™ with Image Sensor – KBA95736 for an example host application implementation.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Can you please let me know which FX2LP project are you using as a reference for your design.

Please refer to the Aptina Cypress FX2LP Reference design firmware for implementation.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
BaAd_2759041
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Hello Yatheesh,

Thanks for your reply,

Now I'm getting the proper image up to GUI,but I do not know why it is showing (or) working only for Windows XP, windows7,it is not working for Windows 10? what is the reason behind it? Can you please help me to come out of this problem?

Thank you..

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please let me know if the device is enumerating properly and is bound to the proper driver in device manager. You can compare this in both windows 7 and windows 10.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh

In device manager it is detecting the the hardware in both Windows 7,10. In windows 7 it is working and Im Displaying perfect frame,but in windows 10 it is not going to display the perfect frame instead of this it showing some noise(distorted Image), please go through the below attached images and observe the picture once 1) Windows 7 2)Windows 10windows7.pngwindows10 pic.png 

Thank you..

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you please check the speed of the enumerated device in windows 10, if it has enumerated as a full speed or a high speed device?

You can use the USBview or USBTreeView application to check the same.

USBTreeView download link: https://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/usbtreeview.zip

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi,

The speed of the enumerated device in windows 10 is High Speed.

Any other solution t solve this problem.

And in Windows 10 we install the Keil uVision5, after build target, i am getting the error like 'failed to execute:- c:\Keil\C51\BIN\C51.EXE. what is the problem?

Thank you..

0 Likes

Hello,

You can attach the project here.

I will execute the same and let you know.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

please find the attached below file.

Bottom of the Screenshot, their is failed to execute.

Thank you...

0 Likes

Hello,

You have only attached the .uvproj file, please attach the entire folder which includes all the project files.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

Here is the entire file.

I opened this code in Keil uvision5, after the build target i am getting 'failed to execute' error.

Thank you..

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello,

I downloaded you project and it built successfully with 0 errors. Please check if C51.exe is present in the path: C:\Keil_v5\C51\BIN\ on you system.

Try reinstalling Keil uv 5.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hello Yatheesh,

Now I have resolved the keil  error issue,but still im not getting proper image in windows 10?

can you please help us to get out of this problem?

Thanks&regards

Bhavya

0 Likes

Hello,

Please check the driver version, host application and host controller in both windows 10 and windows 7. The snapshot is working properly in windows 7, that means the FX2LP device is receiving data properly from the image sensor but the host is not capturing the data properly.

you can refer to Interfacing FX2LP™ with Image Sensor – KBA95736 for an example host application implementation.

Best Regards,

Yatheesh

0 Likes