FX2LP AN61345 compile question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
role_1685151
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins First like given 10 sign-ins

Hi. All.

This question is related with AN61345 application. link https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an61345-designing-ez-usb-fx2lp-slave-fifo-in...

My customer asked why is different between slave.iic file(in zip folder *) and slave.iic after keil compile.

* AN61345 Designing With EZ-USB FX2LP Slave FIFO Interface - Source code.zip

They said the original file is ok on their board but the compiled file is some strange.

pastedImage_1.png

We changed product ID to 0310. then, We found the descriptor is changed to FX2LP. but the working is not same.

pastedImage_2.png

It is not same the hex file and iic file  after compile.

Could you explain what is a problem? and Can you share Previous AN61345 FW if you have?

Regards.

Robert.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Robert,

The firmware in the Application note is same as the builds provided. Do you see any difference in the functionality part.

We do not have the exact firmware which builds the hex provided in the SDK.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YatheeshD_36
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Robert,

Can you please let me know what difference in functionality do you seen between the default and the complied firmware binaries apart from the PID change?

I have attached the default .hex and .iic file to this response.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Yatheesh.

The attached files which are hex and iic are same in the AN61345 download zip file.

That's not what I am saying. the result hex after project compile build is not that like default hex and iic.

the 'slave_org.hex' file is same your attached.

pastedImage_0.png

I think the fw build file should be equal to default hex and iic.

Am I wrong?

Regards.

Robert

0 Likes

Hello Robert,

The pre-built hex file provided in the package is not-updated.

Please rebuild the firmware to generate the new hex files as per the updated firmware. Also, you can compare the Map files (.M51) to get the difference.

The length on the TD_init function in the built and the unmodified firmware differs by a factor of 7H. This causes the difference in the Hex and the iic file.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let me know if you see any functionality difference between the pre-built and the post-built firmware.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes

Hi Yatheesh.

I checked map file. It was different as you shown.

Do you have previous firmware? We need original code before it's updated.

Regards.

Robert

0 Likes

Hello Robert,

The firmware in the Application note is same as the builds provided. Do you see any difference in the functionality part.

We do not have the exact firmware which builds the hex provided in the SDK.

Thanks,

Yatheesh

0 Likes