FX EEPROM Programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are there any examples or instructions for programming the EEPROM for old FX chips (eg CY7C64613) through the CYUSB driver?  I have the Cypress Suite USB but that only deals with the FX2 EEPROM.

I have an old app that does it through the EZUSB driver using IOCTL_EZUSB_ANCHOR_DOWNLOAD and IOCTL_EZUSB_VENDOR_OR_CLASS_REQUEST with a Vend_Ax.hex file and I'm trying to work out what the equivalent steps are for the CYUSB driver.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Control centre(that is provided with CY3684 DVK) uses cyusb driver. It supports only FX2,FX2LP. Before programming the device we have to set the CPUCS register. But the address location of CPUCS register is different for FX compared to FX2,FX2LP.

You can get the source code of the cyusb from the link http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990.

Download " Source code package for Cypress SuperSpeed USB Suite for Windows (CyAPI, CyUSB, CyUSB3)"

Regards,

Vikas.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll try that.  Will I also need to use the old Vend_Ax file as well?

Regards, Andy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

What do mean by old Vend_Ax file? why do want this for programming the FX RAM?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are different Vend_Ax files for FX and FX2 aren't there?  Don't we need to download the correct Vend_Ax file to RAM before sending the vendor command to program the small EEPROM?

Regards, Andy.

0 Likes