Driving CCD Camera using EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontroller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  

I am currently n a project in which I have to interface CCD camera ATIK314L+ with an embedded board.

Camera ATIK314L+ is supporting Cypress FX2 USB drivers. I have successfully completed interfacing of camera with windows7 based PC using the ArtemisSDK VC application provided by ATIK. 

And , now I want to develope embedded board that can drive that camera. One of the option is to use PC board that leads high cost and space. 

Also, I am not aware about any microcontroller that support Cypress FX2 USB. 

I read about some of EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontrollers. So, I just want to know whether it is possible to drive that camera using these microcontroller independente from PC. Or any other hardware or support device I required.

So, provide me some suggestions. It would be really helpful to me.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Sachin Your question is not clear. What do you mean when you say "drive camera using microcontroller independent of PC"? Please clarify   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks for response.

Right now, I am driving ATIK314L+camera which supports Cypress FX2 USB drivers through window7 based PC.

But, My application requirement is to drive Camera through a single Embedded board with specified operations.

I hope through EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontrollers, I may be able to interface with ATIK314L+ camera through Computer to EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontrollers to Camera.

So, I want to know whether it is possible to program EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontrollers such that If I remove Computer then EZ-USB FX2™ USB Microcontroller board will automatically drive that camera..?

Means Embedded board will let Camera to perform operations like On/ off, Binning, Store Image etc..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes