Differences in CYUSB builds

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In CySuiteUSB there are different builds of the CYUSB.SYS driver for 2K, XP and Longhorn (Vista/7).

What are the differences in functionality?  Is it important to install the correct file on each OS?  Up to now I've been using just one sys for 32-bit and one for 64-bit systems and it seems to work, but perhaps I'm missing something.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 1.7 version had conditional statements to handle the parts of code which changed between OSes. As you would already know this just leads to decrease in performance. Hence in later version the conditional statements were changed to compiler directives. Hence the separate driver for each OS with better performance.

From 1.7 there was a 1.8 version released with bug fixes. After that till the next release 3.4.0 the history of change is just 64-bit support addition.

Regards,

Anand

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The functionality is same but there are changes based on the handling method mandated by the OS. So cross using the driver can cause issues and is not recommended.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Anand.

Does this also apply to the 1.7 release of the driver?  We have been using it for years on all flavours of 32-bit OS without (as far as I know) any problems.

Also, is there a release history for the driver going back to the 1.7 release?  The current release notes only go back to 3.4.1.

Regards, Andy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 1.7 version had conditional statements to handle the parts of code which changed between OSes. As you would already know this just leads to decrease in performance. Hence in later version the conditional statements were changed to compiler directives. Hence the separate driver for each OS with better performance.

From 1.7 there was a 1.8 version released with bug fixes. After that till the next release 3.4.0 the history of change is just 64-bit support addition.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect.  Thanks for your help.

Andy.

0 Likes