CyUsbSerial i2c write failed on Raspberry PI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dbs
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I was trying to use one of my device on Raspberry PI. This devices uses CyUsbSerial library to communicate to the PC. It works well with the windows version of the library.

Now when I port it to Rasperry PI using the SDK I found from here (https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit)it fails to write to i2c.

I was able to see the divice using CyUSBSerialTestUtility. But I cannot write to I2c. I tried to detect the i2c bus status by running i2cdect, there is no devices connected there.

What am I missing here? Could CyUSBSerial work on an ARM machine? Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
dbs
Level 1
Level 1

I can see that when I am during the writing the return status is CY_ERROR_I2C_NAK_ERROR

0 Likes
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

Please refer the pre-requisites and test utility section from the README.txt that is located at "C:\<Extracted Folder>\USB-Serial SDK\linux_driver\CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux\linux\testUtility" and let us know till which point the utility is executed.

Regards

0 Likes
dbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi the code failed in i2cVerifyData function at the first CyI2CWrite call

0 Likes
Meghavi
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 10 likes received

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in response. Please let me know the following details:

1. Please provide the part number.
  2. Are you using the firmware available in the USB Serial SDK? If yes, please let me know which firmware are you using?

Regards

0 Likes