CyUSB.sys - Windows 10 - Digitally signed by the Windows Hardware Developer Dashboard portal ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Our software uses CyUSB.sys. We have signed this driver fo years, but with Windows 10, an additional signature required. Did Cypress signed by the Windows Hardware Developper Dashboard portal ? If yes where download the new CyUSB.sys ?

Regards,

Sebastien

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Can you please mention which Cypress device are you using

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use AN2131SC and CY7C680113A chipsets with CyUSB.sys ver 3.4.7.0.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking to see if there is any update on this. I have been waiting to move to Windows 10 because of this issue, but now have no choice in the matter.

I install my driver for Windows 10 and get the following: "The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." There is a workaround for this, but it is clearly not acceptable for non-engineering installations. 

I am using CYUSB3.sys from the Drivers.zip download:

Drivers for EZ-USB® FX1™, FX2LP™ , and FX3 - KBA94413

Last Updated:April 04, 2016
Version: 
*B

Thanks in advance,

- scott

0 Likes

Has anyone figure out to digitally sign there driver, without going through a paid service.  The driver that we would be using is internal for our equipment, but of courses, the computer can't be in test mode.

We are developing with the Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP USB Microcontroller and we have to change the .inf file which needs to be re-certified. but there seems to be no good help on the subject we have the .inf, .spt and wdfCoinstaller01011.dll files. I am using visual studio to recompile your drivers, but when we go to the target machine it will not load because they aren't digitally signed. We can run the drivers if we by-pass the digital signature by using the Windows disable of digital signature check. We would not like to do this do very computer we have here and every time we reboot the machine. This driver will only be used in-house.

Thank You

David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cypress's included driver in the fx3 SDK is windows 10 certified.  Presumably you are adding your own VID/PID to the INF file, which invalidates this signature/certification.  You have two options to proceed:

- Perform your own WLK tests, which requires setting up a server/client test station and running tests provided by microsoft

- go through the driver resell process with cypress. This is described in latest fx3 SDK PDF. However, this used to be initiated via technical support cases which seem to no longer exist. I'm not sure how to initiate this process now. 

0 Likes