Can I use PSoC Miniprog3 to re-progam encore II?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been given the task of changing some usb buttons, and testing indicates that they use the enCoReII Keyboard RDK. Digging around, the documentation here indicates I need a PSoC MiniProg programmer and a 5-pin to USB interface adapter. Looking around further, I can't find any 5-pin to usb interface adapters and i'd rather not have to make one, so would I be able to re-program the button using the PSoC MiniProg 3? If not, is there another alternative?

0 Likes
3 Replies
SrikanthD_56
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins First question asked First comment on blog

Hi,

You can use MiniProg3 to program the EnCoRe II device, but you still need the 5-pin to USB interface adapter to do so. I don't think there is an alternative for this.

Schematic for 5-pin to USB interface adapter can be found here.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, I see. Do you have any suggestions on where I should purchase the components to make it? This is really my first foray into this type of stuff, so i'm very inexperienced. Thank you for your response!

0 Likes

Part number for 5-pin to USB interface adapter is CY3655-PLG. For convenience, you can try procuring one online (not sure of the availability in your region though).

0 Likes