Can CY7C68013A be programmed to act as an USB Audio 2.0 device? USB->SPDIF?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi,   

I am working on a new design which will use the CY7C68013A together with a FPGA to convert a USB Audio signal into SPDIF signal.   

Details:   

1. The CY7C68013A will act as the USB controller and convert the USB Audio signal into parallel data.   

2. The FPGA will then covert the parallel data into SPDIF format.   

3. Both (USB input and SPDIF output) of the above needs to support 24bit/192kHz audio data.   

A few questions:   

1. Is there any sample code for the CY7C68013A to act as an USB audio device and accept 24bit/192kHz audio data?   

2. Can the CY7C68013A be programmed to act as a native USB Audio 2.0 device? Hence no custom USB driver is needed, user can use the generic USB audio driver comes with Windows.   

Many thanks,   

DM   
0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        What you are trying to achieve can definitely be done... modifying the device descriptor should help you bind fx2lp to native audio driver...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        thank for the reply.   

Is there any sample code for the CY7C68013A to act as an USB audio device and accept 24bit/192kHz audio data?   

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I don't think there is an sample code like that....   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Seems that the native usbaudio.sys driver from MS will not work at 192kHz. Only the newer hdaudio.sys can. How difficult is to program the CY7C68013A, so that is will work under hdaudio.sys with 192kHz ability?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Still the datarate is less than 1MB/s right??? i don't think FX2LP will have a problem managing that... Since you are using the FPGA to do the work the easiest way to go is to put FX2LP in slave fifo mode and keep pumping the received packet to FPGA...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        yes, the data rate is ~9Mb/s, plus 20% overhead, still less than 12Mb/s. I don't think FX2LP is the problem, it is the native usbaudio.sys in Windows OS that is the problem.   

One way to fix it is to use the native hdaudio.sys, anyone tried to program the FX2LP to work with hdaudio.sys?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        That part i'm not sure dude...   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Also I need to to implement the USB-Audio protocol in the firmware of the FX2LP , any sample code which I can refer to?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Your earlier description seemed like you were planning to shift the audio protocol overhead processing to the FPGA side... if you are gonna use FX2LP to do that you are actually using a 8051 to process data coming in at USB speed so you better calculate the speed before proceeding....   
0 Likes