CYUSB Driver Resell Questions.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
whiterens
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi. 

Our company want do a Driver Re-sell process.

While reading and following CyUSB.pdf, I have a few questions below.

1. How can I create case for Driver Re-sell?

-   I entered www.cypress.com/support but still I do not know how to do it. 

-  At the previous questions about Driver re-sell, there was a answer that recommend to contact Cypress Local sales/FAE.

But they also do not know how to do it.

if anybody knows the contact point or mail address about this, please let me know.

2. For the INF file, Should I change the GUID to new one so that have a different GUID with cypress's one?

we just want to change VID/PID for our product without changing any other functionality of the driver.

3. For the prerequisites, the document said we need to prepare below;

1) EV certificate Code signing Certificate

2) Microsoft Dashboard Account

3) HLK studio.

we have 1), 3) now but I don't know how to get Microsoft Dashboard Account.

is it the same one with the Microsoft Account which we are using for Microsoft Office 365? or do we need to follow https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/dashboard/registration/hardware to get Partner Center account?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

>> It is not necessary to change the GUID. You can retain Cypress GUID in your infs.

>> You can post the modified infs here. Along with the modified infs, also provide the following details:

For which OS do you want us to do resell? Also specify whether it is needed for x64 OS architecture OR x86 OS architecture OR both?

Please specify the version of cyusb3 driver you are looking for. (FYI: Our latest version of cyusb3 which complies with RS3 is 1.2.3.20 - If you are not specific with the version we would go with the latest one).

- Please specify the name(of your company) which is registered in the "Microsoft Hardware Dashboard".

- Cypress chip which you are using- FX3 or FX2LP?

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

>> The link which you have posted is correct: https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/dashboard/registration/hardware 

You need to register in this to create Microsoft Dashboard Account.

>> For implementing custom GUID, please refer to Page 9 in the CyUSB doc. 

Regards,

Mallika 

0 Likes

Hi. Mallika

Thank you for your reply.

Okay. then, I'll proceed with the link for the Microsoft Dashboard Account.

For the GUID, I know how to implement GUID. I just wonder if it must be different from cypress's GUID.

Using CyAPI library written in C++,  To use FX3 we need to pass GUID to their object.

And if the GUID is different, other devices than the GUID put in the object will not be recognized.

there is no option that to put multiple GUID in to the object.

If I can use the same GUID, I would like to use it that way.

Still I do not know how to get access for Driver Re-sell process with Cypress.

Can you advise for us?

Looking at some of the related questions, Some company posted their Driver Re-sell request to here with their INF file.

Can I go through Cypress's Driver Re-sell process if I upload it here ? 

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

>> It is not necessary to change the GUID. You can retain Cypress GUID in your infs.

>> You can post the modified infs here. Along with the modified infs, also provide the following details:

For which OS do you want us to do resell? Also specify whether it is needed for x64 OS architecture OR x86 OS architecture OR both?

Please specify the version of cyusb3 driver you are looking for. (FYI: Our latest version of cyusb3 which complies with RS3 is 1.2.3.20 - If you are not specific with the version we would go with the latest one).

- Please specify the name(of your company) which is registered in the "Microsoft Hardware Dashboard".

- Cypress chip which you are using- FX3 or FX2LP?

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

Hi.

I missed about some questions.

- we prefer latest cyusb3 driver 

- for the company name, see the previous message. we want to do it as privately.

- Cypress chip : FX3.

Thanks

0 Likes
whiterens
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi. Mallika

Thanks. It really helped.

Now we are getting some problem with the Microsoft Hardware Dashboard  since their's some problem with the site above. (Maybe their server has problem I think)

We requested for help to Microsoft Support team, but I think it will takes some time to get our Microsoft Dashboard Account.

So, requesting Driver Re-sell to Cypress will be delayed until we get the account.

For the uploading our final INF. file and company information.

I want to proceed privately with you or someone who can handle Driver Re-sell.

I also knows it is impossible to upload INF file at the private message in here , Cypress Developer Forum.

So, Could you please let us know the contact mail address?

or please let us know if you know the better way to proceed it as privately.

0 Likes