CY7C68013A EEPROM download

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeWa_3813156
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

Dear Madam/Sir:

We use Cypress USBsuite to download iic file to EEPROM(AT24C256),It seems that Only “Universal Serial Bus controller” display with “Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM,”  Cypress USBsuite can download iic file , which means 1 EEPROM can only be download once.

How can  I download several times to EEPROM?

1、 Device manager里面Universal Serial Bus controller显示Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM(3.4.5000),使用USB Control Center成功download FW(bulkloop.iic)一次

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

Programming the EEPROM itself performs the erasing of the older contents and writes the new data. The option in the Cypress USBSuite to program the EEPROM takes care of this.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Kevin Wang,

- Cypress USB Suite implements the loading of firmware IIC file into one of the EEPROM connected with the address A2A1A0 = 001. Multiple EEPROMs/EEPROMs with other addresses cannot be loaded from the Cypress USBSuite.

- Also, FX2LP boot-loader supports loading of firmware from only of the EEPROMs connected at address A2A1A0 = 001.

- In case you still want to load data onto different EEPROM, kindly, let me know your application details and the necessity of loading the firmware into multiple EEPROMs.

NOTE: Please use the latest drivers and Control Center applications available from the FX3 SDK.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Dear Srnt:

I mean, we may modify the FW, and will download different FW versions to EEPROM. But Only Universal Serial Bus controller of device manager displayed with Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM,can we download FW by cypress USBsuite. (and only NEW EEPROM will display Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM)

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

- The EEPROM can be programmed using the Cypress USBSuite with the FW. But, since the EEPROMs are connected on the I2C interface, different EEPROM with same address cannot be used. Also, FX2LP boot-loader does not support firmware load from I2C addresses other than 0x51.

I am not clear with your below statement. Kindly, explain.

and only NEW EEPROM will display Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Dear srnt:

I have been told that EEPROM need to erase before each download. Maybe that is reason we can only download EEPROM once.

Could you tell me how to erase EEPROM before download ?  Cypress USBsuite  can only recognize devices named with Cypress EZ-USB FX2LP No EEPROM .and i did not find any erase option on Cypress USBsuite

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

Programming the EEPROM itself performs the erasing of the older contents and writes the new data. The option in the Cypress USBSuite to program the EEPROM takes care of this.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes