CY7C65215: Use SCB0 CDC Interface as system COM port

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Hi there,

Quick question regarding the CY7C65215:

I am using this device in USB-UART CDC Mode on SCB0, and USB-I2C Vendor mode on SCB1.  SCB1 appears to be working fine using the I2C mode using Vendor protocol (we are using it to configure/program a CCG4 device).

The CY7C65215 appears as 3 devices in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers:

• USB-Serial (Dual Channel) Vendor 1 (USB-I2C Vendor Interface?)
  • USB-Serial (Dual Channel) Vendor MFG (Manufacturer Configuration Interface?)
  • USB-Serial Adapter (I assume this is the UART CDC Interface)

Where I'm having a problem is using SCB0 as a COM port in Windows.  I need to be able to use with SCB0 as a COM port from a terminal, but I can't seem to find a way to do so.  In Device Manager, which driver should I be using to be able to use this interface as a COM port?  I have a number of possible folders containing USB-Serial drivers in the Cypress directory that I've accumulated through various different parts and eval kits:

• Cypress USB-Serial Driver
  • CYUSB234 DVK
  • EZ-USB FX3 SDK
  • USB-Serial Driver
  • USB-Serial SDK

Which one of these drivers should be installed to use SCB0 as a COM port?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6

OK I got it going.

I used the Microsoft CDC driver (usbser.sys) in Windows 10.

Now it is appearing as "USB Serial Device" and has been assigned a COM port number by the OS.

Seems to be working A-OK, just did a bootload of the MCU on the other end via USB-Serial with no issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6

OK I got it going.

I used the Microsoft CDC driver (usbser.sys) in Windows 10.

Now it is appearing as "USB Serial Device" and has been assigned a COM port number by the OS.

Seems to be working A-OK, just did a bootload of the MCU on the other end via USB-Serial with no issues.

0 Likes