CY7C65213 battery chargere detection without usb programming is possible?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gigaciscus
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

hello

i'm using CY7C65213 in parallel with TI battery charger, without programming issues with "usb serial utility" the CY7 makes conflict with the BQ battery charger, that normally detect automatically the charger type.  If i do a programming of the CY7C65213 , enabling BCD, then all is solved. i would like to use the chip without "USB programming " in mass production of my boards.  How to do?   is there a way of do such programming issues trough attached MCU(attached to cy7c65213)  instead of USB host ?

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Cesco,

Please find attached the fwdownload.exe utility.

Best regards,
Pranava

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

From the description I understand that "Battery Operated Bus-Powered USB to MCU with Battery Charge Detection" application (mentioned in datasheet) is being implemented. Is my understanding correct?

Please explain when  is the  conflict  seen and what happens due to the conflict. Does the programming through utility fails ?

Please refer to Question 1 of manufacturing of this KBA USB-Serial Bridge Controller FAQs - KBA224054 - Cypress Developer Community  

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes

Hello Rashi! thanks for your reply

yes you are right! if the "battery charge detection" is cheked into the specific folder of USB-programming utility. then all is working fine !

MY PROBLEM is that the default condition of CY7C65213 is to work without BCD enabled.... this means that my board do not work properly at first power up; i'm using a TI battery charger (BQ24297) that is already implementing BCD detection, but it fails detect beacuse CY7C65213 do not leave USB D+ and D- signals free for first second and do not let BQ to detect battery charger type.

So i need to program each board with "usb serial configuration utility" and enable BCD....!  imagine that i have to do this for 300 board.... (my first batch).

i decided to use the Bq24297 because it features a BatterychargeDetection by itself, and i had no pins on mcu to connect to CY7C gpio. but the only way to make this work is to program the CY7C65213 with the utility (i used a random config of GPIOs, it only need to have the "BCD checkbox " checked)

maybe there is a way to enable the bcd into CY7C trough serial port pins connected to my MCU , is there?

maybe ther is a batch windows or dos command to program CY7C troug usb ( i have test point for flying probes) and make this doruing board testing, is there ?

CY7C65213 is a great chip, but i'm going mad with this question...

thanks in advance for your suggestion

Cesco

0 Likes

Hi Rashi

your suggestion to KBA ina another post was helpful!

it seems that i can solve my problem with "fwdownload.exe" and use this batcjh program for mass production.

where i cand find the download link?

thanks

cesco

0 Likes
Pranava_YN
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Cesco,

Please find attached the fwdownload.exe utility.

Best regards,
Pranava
0 Likes